problmes w/ $4 serial link... please help.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

problmes w/ $4 serial link... please help.

I'm trying to make a serial link.  I downloaded tilink from
ticalc.org, and in the readme, it says the white/red connections
should give a reading of -.7v... i used a multimeter to check and its
ok.  The readme also says it will go to 4.7v when a link prog is
running.  That doesn't happen w/ me.  So i tried the "cal" program.
when i checked serial ports, it detected a com2 as ok, but that has
nothing connected to it (not even the modem, i took it out just to
make sure).  When i try com1 (where the link is) the LED will go off,
and it won't turn on until i reboot.  All this is done testing in dos
mode.  Can anyone help me?  I would really appriciate it.  Thanks.