Re: Linking Problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Linking Problems

This is a problem that many people don't realize.  Due to the hardware
configuration and limitations, there are always conlficts between COM ports.
The problem lies in the IRQ settings.  COM1 and COM3 always use the same IRQ
setting and COM2 and COM4 always do the same.  So if your modem is set to
COM2, you will either have to: (a) Disable the modem temporaraly until you are
done, (b) Find a way to hook the GL up to COM1 or COM3(some people have two
serial ports like me), or (c) find another computer to use for the GL.  Choice
"b" worked for me.  Hope this helps all of you out there with COMx problems.

--

"I am the alpha and the omega; the beginning and the end."