Re: Which TI should I get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I get?

Okay. Sorry I didn't bother to look for the program - I have now and found
it including documentation.
I don't think it's very fast - I realize though that it's because of the
poor precission of the TI-85.
I'm not sure why you compare this to a HP48 (see the times below), it
probably would've looked better if compared to a TI-92.
FCTR, BTW, is part of the ALG48 package - not my own program.

Number:                                    PRIME6:        PRIME6B:
FCTR(HP48)
9876511 (prime)                     17 sec            14 sec
0.6 sec
369758771 (6661*55511)     36 sec            31 sec                 1.1 sec
1000000007 (prime)              2 min 51 sec  2 min 21 sec       0.9 sec
17439280249
    (55511*314159)                 5 min 5 sec     4 min 13 sec      1.9 sec

>Er, yes. If you had taken the time to hunt fer PRIME6, you would have found
>that included in the ZIP file is a massive 30 or 40K documentation file
>explaining everything you ever wanted to know about PRIME6. It has times
for
>finding the lowest factors of numbers, and determining if numbers are
prime. I
>detest locking source code out to others, so the source is exposed in its
full
>glory for you to dink with. :-D

Follow-Ups: References: