Re: British TI-89 users

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: British TI-89 users

In article <O4Y81fcY#GA.265@upnetnews05>,
          west_andrew@email.msn.com ("Andrew West") wrote:

] To finally sort out an argument amongst my friends and I, can anyone tell me
] if the TI-89 is allowed in British maths exams? Specifically, GCSE's and
] A-levels. Does it depend on the course? Standard A-level maths? We need to
] know to decide whether to get one or not :-). I've tried looking at many
] calc pages but they only refer to american exams boards.

No, the Joint Examining Board (A-Level) prohibit anything that'll do symbolic
algebra, so the 89s and 92s (and the HP48) are out.  GCSEs don't allow
graphical calcs anyway.

Stick with an 86 for A-Level, that's my best advice.

Dick

Dick Smith                                           dick@risctex.demon.co.uk
Acorn Risc PC                                  http://www.risctex.demon.co.uk