homemade link cable problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

homemade link cable problem

I have built a link cable for my TI-83 calc.  The parallel link worked fine
on my 486 (running DOS & win311), but when I tried it on my Pentium 133
(win95B/ OSR2) the it didn't work.  I used W32Tran 8x (in win95) and Cal
(in a DOS box and DOS mode).  I even tried booting the Pentium with a
dos6.22 boot disk and using cal, but nothing worked. I also tried my new
TI-89 with the Pentium...again same problem.

I also built the serial link ( 9 pin ), just like the other cable it worked
on the 486 , but not on the Pentium.

Both ports ( LPT1 and COM1) on the Pentium work because my mouse is on COM1
and Printer is on LPT1.

It would be great if you can provide me with info on solving the problem.

Thanks in advance
Desh F