Re: Product code.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Product code.

Hi
I have a ti89 and I wanna know if its a good idea to upgrade it to advanced
mathematic operating system 2.03...
I heard it would give my calculator a big boost of memory... how is it
possible?

I have just done it, and it works fine. It basically looks and feels the
same, except for a few minor changes - the catalog function has tabs, for
example:

        F1      Help (syntax hints, much like what's been displayed on the entry line
before)
        F2      Built-in functions
        F3      Flash Apps functions
        F4      User Defined functions

and it has been prepared for flash applications like the statistics package
(which is really nice, too). The memory increase gives an increase in the
(ROM) memory available for archive data and flash applications. The maximum
amount of free RAM in my TI-89 is 196,022. System takes 66,112 and FlashApps
(I have statistics with list editor currently installed) takes 316,385 (of
ROM) leaving 404,498 bytes free.

Note that TI has stated that some models will not allow ROM to be freely
allocated between archive data and Flash Apps (see
http://www.ti.com/calc/flash/pdf/89memsizes.pdf and
http://www.ti.com/calc/flash/89ams202.htm for more information).

Haakon Hansen
student