Re: Question about TI-83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question about TI-83+

>>The $5 link you made is a low-quality hack job that is little
>>more than two wires stuck in the proper connectors.  Sure it still
works,
>>but it's a Yugo where TI's Graph Link is a Ford or something
>
>Excuse me!?!? Low quality hack?!? Believe me, that took some time to
make!
>Besides, if I remember correctly, the GL is speed-limited...it can't
be too
>big of factor, but I don't feel like waiting around forever for a
program to
>load.  I still honestly think that even after taking into account all
of the
>design costs and whatnot it STILL can't be so much as to need to
charge $30
>for it...not to mention shipping!  Considering that I use exclusively
PCs
>for my calc needs (I only use Macs at school, where they have the
weirdest
>bunch of computers...some ancient AppleIIc/e/GS, LC/LCII, SE/Classic,
>brand-new Pentium II 333 laptops...) and in fact, for almost
anything, I
>don't need the mac-compatibility part.
>
>Also, if they REALLY want to make it Mac-compatible, three letters:
USB.
>Work on almost anything, fast, and hot-swappable.  That, I would pay
$30
>for.  Not a parallel or serial model I can make with a crap soldering
iron
>and $5.

They made the Graph Link long before USB existed, and it contains a
lot more than what you could make with a crap soldering iron and $5.
Low quality or not, the link you made IS a hack, that's why you can't
use TI's link software.  That speed thing it BS, too, I have TI's
Graph Link and it's plenty fast.  I'm not going to debate the price
with you anymore, these corporations have extensive experience with
setting a retail price that's fair for everybody and if you can't
understand that it's your problem.
But since you bring it up, I saw something at Dimension-TI about a
Windows only Graph Link that will be about half the price of the
current Graph Link.  Maybe with this one TI will mass market it so
it's not so hard to find...