Re: HP48X's have better games?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48X's have better games?

I believe that the Hp48 does have much better games, but the TI's are very
fast. Hp48's may boast graphically displayed menus and 3-d plots, but they
are still very slow. There is a good program which enhances much of the
original Hp OS called MetaKernel, which costs roughly at 120 bucks. Many of
the engineering programs costs beetween 200 and 5,000 dollars! As for the
Mario-like games... I see no flickering. Games such as WarioHP and Mario
Brousse on the Hp are very much updated in the past month or so.

As for memory wise, the Hp48gx can be upgraded to 4.12 megs, but HP didn't
make an official 4 meg ram card, they stopped at 256k. The Hp is much easier
to program, but there aren't too many URPL games as opposed to TI-Basic
games written for the TI's. It seems that the Hp48 series calcs are designed
for technical people while the TI is designed for all levels up to college.
But from my experiences, if you ever walked around GA Tech campus, everyone
has a Hp.

Xanthis
http://hpfx.webjump.com
"Realities begin here!"