Re: TI-Graph Link Cable Schematics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-Graph Link Cable Schematics

I too have one link and have dissasembled mine, just like you  wanted to make
something similar. Though the pic16c54 is a hard one, i have programed the very
same pic though a EEPROM not a PROM like the 54. the thing is, the one i
programmed contained a bug, so you could exctract the progam within. I do not know
it the very same bug exists on the PROM verion, i can hardly imagine they made
same bug on two different circuits.
So if you in any way could get the program from within the pi16c54 there would be
no problem duplicating it, i even have a pic16cxx programmer at home...

Adam Davis wrote:

> Oh, how 'bout that?
>
> Here's the skinny:
>
> The little black plastic dots are just rubber bumpers(once you open the
> case, you'll see the rest of them.)  The case is just a clip-together
> 'clamshell'.  No glue or other adhesives.
>
> It's a PIC16C54-XT-50 with a TI 1993 copyright on it.  It's using a 4MHZ
> crystal on the underside of the board(not resonator, real crystal)
> Then there is a whole slew of resisters, caps, transisters and diodes.
> All surface mount.
> It's a double-sided board, but they've got components on only one
> side(save the crystal, which is mount on the second side.)  They
> could've made the entire assembly 1/2 the size by using both sides.
>
> It's got a nice silkscreen on it.  And it doesn't look like there's
> adhesive under the parts, so it's probably hand placed and
> soldered(which would account for the $30US price tag...!!)
>
> If I get sufficiently bored, I may sit down and write out all the
> components.  I don't speak SMD very well, though, so someone else will
> have to decode the markings on most of the devices.
>
> If there's a lot on interest, I'll see about getting a picture up and
> doing that.
>
> Anyway...
>
> -ADam
>
> Rob Lion wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Has anyone taken an official TI cable apart to see how they interface with
> > the calculator? I know the cables are expensive, but it would be nice to be
> > able to use the TI's Link programs on the computer end. Is the serial port
> > end of the cable (where any circuitry might be) molded plastic, or something
> > you can crack open? Do they use some special integrated circuit for any
> > reason? Has anyone probed the serial port to see what signals TI's programs
> > output?
> >
> > Thanks for any info,
> >
> > Rob

Follow-Ups: References: