Re: Slow TI89? What about TI92 PLUS?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Slow TI89? What about TI92 PLUS?

Compared to what?  I assume you are comparing to a 48 series.   True,
some stuff on a TI is buried in menus just like 48's.  But on the TI's
you don't have to wait for a menu to open like you do on the 48G's.
What if any value isn't buried on an HP?  Less than on a TI 92+.
 And with the keyboard you just type in what you want.  Have you ever
checked out the gyrations you have to go through to symbolically
calculate an integral in a 48?  Ridiculus!  And the hp's process slow.
Ever compared how long it takes a 48 to draw a graph to a TI?

On Tue, 06 Oct 1998 17:43:37 -0400, Tucker <tucker1@ameritech.net>
wrote:

>Faster to use? I think the 92 is slower to use, a lot of the standard
>functions are buried in menus, instead of on the keypad
>
>Tom wrote:
>>
>> The people who say their slow are doing things like running empty
>> loops.  In real life doing real things, the ti 89 and the ti 92 plus
>> are way faster to use than an HP48GX.  ( I have all 3)  If you get an
>> 89 or a 92 plus, you won't be dissapointed.   Both the 89 and the 92
>> plus process at the same speed, but the 92 plus is faster to use.  My
>> 92 plus is my favorite, the only reason I got an 89 is so I can use it
>> on a professional exam.  It's up to you if you want to pay about twice
>> as much for a 92 plus than an 89., but you won't think it's slow.
>>
>> On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:44:41 +0200, Hekon Hansen <haakonha@ONLINE.NO>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi.
>> >
>> >I am contemplating buying either a TI89 or a TI92 PLUS. Because of hints on
>> >the mailing list that the TI89 is slow in certain respects, I would be
>> >extremely grateful if anyone could advise me on the performance of the TI92
>> >PLUS.
>> >
>> >It would seem that they were quite comparable, but I would like to know for
>> >sure. I might be better off with Mathematica (or other software) even if
>> >this sacrifices portability.
>> >
>> >I am particularly interested in:
>> >
>> >- Performance (CPU / processing / calculations)
>> >- Display quality
>> >- General useability
>> >
>> >All answers most welcome. Feel free to email me directly if you do not want
>> >to post to the list.
>> >
>> >My email address is: haakonha@online.no
>> >
>> >--
>> >Yours,