Re: Ti-89 Died

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died

On Sun, 01 Nov 1998 10:20:47 -0600, ToddEStan
<toddestn@nospam.visi.com> wrote:

>It's still very fixable, Tom.  You just need another computer, with the
>same motherboard, to fix the eeprom.  It has been successfully done
>when  the good board is booted, then the eeprom chip is removed
>carefully, and replaced with the bad chip.  Then the bios is flashed.
>Then the "bad" chip can be put onto the original board, and the computer
>works fine.
>
>I would define hardware damage as something that is totalled.  It is
>history, and can never be used again.  Such as frying the Mobo.

OK, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.  Most people do not have access to
another identical motherboard to perform what you describe, making
what you describe impratical.  True it can be done, usually at a much
higher cost than a new eeprom.

But in case you hadn't noticed, and I understand why, considering how
you and our resident rocket scientist both like to ignore quoting, and
what others say, is that I was saying it is very possible to write to
an eeprom, unlike what stl137 claimed.

Follow-Ups: References: