Riemann 85/83 translation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Riemann 85/83 translation

        Hi all!  I recently took on the task of porting a very nice riemann
sum program from the 85 to the 83.  The thing is, I have no access to an 85
manual, and so I'm not sure how it treats string syntax, etc...  Here's a
clip of the 85 prog:

InpSt "y=",Y
St>Eq(Y,y)
(B-A)/N -> H
"y="+Y -> Y

...and here's what I have done to the 83 version:

Input "Y=",Str1
String>Equ(Str1,Y1)
9B-A)/N -> H
Str1+Y1 -> Y1  (here's where the problem occurs)

        Hopefully you'll all be able to see the substitutions I've made in
vain.  I cheacked the 83 manual, and I'm pretty sure the FORMAT is correct.
I just need to fix the type of data I'm storing.  Like I said, I can't use
lower case letters on the 83, and I don't know the syntax of the 85 well
enough to determine what's wrong here.  I'm pretty sure it's just a
substitution error, but I'm not sure.  Once this part is fixed, I'm sure
I'll be able to carry the changes through the rest of the program.  Can
anyone out there tell me what to change in order to get this stupid thing
to work?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks so much!

-David Endahl
endahld@scnc.wmston.k12.mi.us

"Without the band, it's just a GAME!"
"The first half is pre-game for  the halftime show"
"The second half is a time to prepare for the post-game show"
"Come for the band, stay for the football"