Re: Ummm... Bye! (or else)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ummm... Bye! (or else)

DAMNIT!! SHUT UP!! I'm tired of hearing about these wars!! This is a TI
calculator list, and if you want to discuss something like this, take it to
the "Idiots' fights about wars" group!

At 07:05 PM 3/6/98 -0700, Nathan Ernst wrote:
>>Taking them in turn: -
>>Vietnam - "TACTICAL RETREAT????????"
>
>Yes, Vietnam was a failure.  Not because we were too weak, but because or
>government did not have the backbone to put forth the required effort to win
>the war.
>
>>WWI - You scraed sods did not bother joining till Germany were almost
>>defeated, you stupid glory hunter.
>>WWII -
>>  1.  We were allies with Russia you twat, do you mean Japan, ha!
>>  2.  You and your sodding A-Bomb caused hostile relationships between the
>>West and Russia, and consequently caused the Cold War.
>WWI:
>As in WWII, you offered no real threat to Germany.  The threat you posed was
>psycological, not physical.  You were too small of a nation, with inadequate
>resources to fight a war against Germany and the Axis powers without help
>from countries other than France and Russia.  Russia and France were engaged
>in a stalemate, neither significantly gaining or losing ground.  It was the
>American manpower, war-making resources, and spirit that turned the war in
>the direction of the Allies.
>
>WWII:
>The Atomic Bomb won the war, didn't it?  It forced Japan into submission,
>and Germany followed suit a little later.  Did you also realize that Germany
>was researching into the A-bomb, also?  You can be assured that if they had
>discovered the secret behind it that you (Britain) and probably the rest of
>Europe, and much, much more would all be part of the German empire.
>
>As to joining when the war was almost over?  If we had stayed out of it
>completely, (i.e. no food or war-time supplies either), you would have lost
>in the first few years.  France was already defeated, and therefore posed no
>threat to Germany, Russia was engaged in a stalemate on their front line
>(Germany had superior weapons, but did not operate well in the harsh climate
>of Russia.  Russia had weapons that would function, but they were inferior
>to those of the Germans.  Russia had the superior man power, but was unable
>to quickly mobilize due to an inadequate railway system).  You also posed no
>threat to Germany.  All they needed to do was to conduct a modern day seige
>of the entire mainland.  Britain had neither the food, industrial base, nor
>the natural resources to withstand a brute force attack by Germany.
>
>Had it not been for the planes, weapons, ships, other supplies delivered,
>and later in the war, manpower, Britain would have faced a certain defeat.
>
>>Admit it, your nation in general is full of itself! The US is a modern day
>>failure, which creates disasters like the Walls Street Crash due to pure
>>arogance and insolence.
>
>Sure, I'll admit, we have had failures through our short history, such as
>Vietnam and the Wall Street crash, but, we have also had many triumphs such
>as the birth of the automobile (I'm sure you use a car, truck, bus, etc.),
> [...]

What is there to say about silence?
Welcome to the U.S.S. Crew
-- http://www.jeffb.home.ml.org/
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/1149/
ICQ UIN (if you have ICQ)        -- 2097846
ICQ E-mail Express (if you dont) -- mailto:2097846@wwp.mirabilis.com