Some cool programs (attached)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Some cool programs (attached)

Attached are some programs that I've written for the TI-85 for Math Team, and my classes (I'm a sophmore).

    Side note - Our Math Team is going to state!!

You'll find them helpful for Geometry, Algebra II / Trig, and a little for Calculus.  You will need to get a viewer (if you don't already have one) because I decided that it would be crazy to try and post them as text files with all those funky symbls.  You can get TI's graph link software for free at www.ti.com.

Base.85p
    The best / fastest / smallest base number converter you will find.  I wrote it so that it converts directly from one base to another, none of that converting to base 10 crap.  Because it uses lists, it can handle very large bases.

Fact.85p
    This spits out factors of a number.  I found a bunch of things that sped it up a lot.

PFact.85p
    This lists all prime factors of a number

Pts.85p
    This takes two points, determines the distance between them (AS A REDUCED RADICAL), the midpoint, slope, and y-intercept.

Rsimp.85p
    Ever had to reduce a large radical like Root of 720?  This program will do it, and return 12 Root 5 as the answer.

Synth.85p
    Use this program to do synthetic division.

Tri.85p
    This calculates area of a triangle based either on coordinates of the vertices, or the length of the sides.

Enjoy.

Dan Cogswell

Base.85p

Fact.85p