Re: Finger Power

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Finger Power

The NETjunkie wrote:

> Ok, I just have to throw my 2cents into the conversation.  Last time I
> checked the TIcalculators came with renewal batteries.  How about you
> buy the charger for these batteries and re-use them.  This way you
> aren't constantly buying batteries.  (also did you know you can
> recharge just about any alkaline battery in this machine without the
> batteries exploding, etc...?).

Yes, you _can_ recharge them, and it _can_ go wrong. Your TI manual says
your TI-92 can explode if you don't take proper care of the batteries. I
laughed when I read it, but I suspect there's a reason why it's there.
People also keep reminding you that you should use batteries that are of
the same age and usage. I used to laugh at this until a friends told me
how wrong he'd been when he didn't listen (he could have misinterpreted
the situation, but I don't think it's a risk worth taking).
Now, renewal batteries require recharging much more than one-use
batteries. In addition, the lower the battery, the slower the TI.
One day your renewal's will be exhausted and you have to throw them out.
Renewals are not very friendly to the environment. Your battery charger
uses power = pollutes and costs you money.
The only pollution coming from body-energy are the gases that follow the
meals that provide the energy :)

But granted, renewals do have a an advantage over other _batteries_ (at
least in your personal economy).

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
Apparently my clothes are defective.