Re: calculating e Part II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: calculating e Part II

This will not only happen on your calculator, but will happen if you do this
by hand.  e is defined by the equation you use, where n, or A, or whatever
the seed is is equal to infinity, therefore, even the number that the
calculator returns isn't accurate to the correct value for e, only rounded
off.  If you don't belive me you can do this equation on any machine you
want and you will get the same result.

Lisa Ledwith wrote in message ...
>Thankyou to all who responded --- by your responses I see that I didn't
>present my question very well.  I wanted to know why the calculator
>displays a number _greater_ than the approximation of e (e displayed to 9
>decimals) when A is 10x10^13.  When the seed for the program is 9 instead
>of 10, the values displayed are also above a close approximation of e but
>vary greater than the calculations using a seed of 10 .  What is happening
>to create this unexpectted display?  I am using a TI-83.  Run the program
>to see what I mean.
>
>10 stor A
>Lbl  1
>(1+1/A)^A sto B