Re: Finger power?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Finger power?

Well of course that would work.  However, if I could quote the message that
started this:
"Here is a crazy idea for those who want to save batteries.  Your body is a
salt bridge and conducts a small amount of electricity, right?  Okay, what
if we created a small device that connects two wires to the sides of your
pinky finger and boosted the output from your body to 6 volts to power your
calc?"
This sounds like he thinks the body is always conducting electricity, which
is wrong.  As you say, you would need two metal electrodes.  But even this
wouldn't "save batteries" because you'd have to replace the electrodes at
least as often as you would ordinarily replace the AAA cells.  So again I
say, this would be impractical, or at least not any improvement over the
current system of using batteries that you buy from the store.
Thank you, though, for offering a constructive argument against me instead
of the alternative.