Re: TI-85 Capabilities?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 Capabilities?

Rumor has it that Game Boy games have been ported to the 85.  (The Game
Boy uses a modified Z80 processor.)  Lots of people around here have
commented on crossing the calculators with other Z80-run machines.
Sure, it's theroetically conceivable, but as you pointed out yourself,
the differences in the other hardware involved would make sure a thing
very difficult.  And yes, there is more than just the processor and
memory.  Some sort of ROM with basic commands and protocals is required
to interface with the game cartridges.  Video game systems have ROMs
with graphical commands, etc., while the calculator's ROM has more of
a straight mathematical leaning.  I guess if someone really wanted to, he
could take apart the calculator and attach the Sega ROM, otherwise those
commands would have to be duplicated in the software, and even the 86
doesn't have that much memory.  I don't really mean to shoot you down,
but you did ask.
I think the realistic capabilities of the calculator have already been
explored to the most part.  Assembly programs written specifically for
the calculator are the norm in power programing.
As for FAQs, have you seen http://www.ticalc.org ?  They've got some
good information there.