Re: Finger power?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Finger power?

Well, since you've decided that I'm being unfriendly, I'll just let it all
out.  This idea, while interesting in a science-fiction sense, is
impractical beyond belief if not plain silly.  Harnessing the "natural
current" of our skin would be so hard to do if it's possible at all (which
I obviously doubt) that it would be more productive to just use batteries
and concentrate on inventing things that are within our reach here in the
20th century.  Most of the messages on this list are wishful speculations
on ways to alter, add on to, or otherwise improve these calculators which
are already very good machines just the way TI made them.  Some of these
ideas are achievable and have been done (assembly shells, turboing).
Others are rather 'out there' and are given a few dozen responses saying
how cool that would be, then forgotten.  If you really wanted to get
something done on the "body power" idea, go talk to real physicists about
it.  This is a calculator group, not NASA Research and Developement.

Yes, I know I'm going to get about a dozen flames for this, and I just
don't care anymore.  Go ahead and waste more server space.

>Aha, well why don't you cool down then and let us have the idea and
>relish in it. If you don't like it you could at least point it out in a
>more friendly pose.

Oh, for what it's worth (nothing), I'll let you have the "fotosynthesis"
thing.  I can accept foreign spellings.  You have enlightened me as to
European languages, for whatever that's worth (again, nothing).