Finger power?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Finger power?

Here is a crazy idea for those who want to save batteries.  Your body is a
salt bridge and conducts a small amount of electricity, right?  Okay, what
if we created a small device that connects two wires to the sides of your
pinky finger and boosted the output from your body to 6 volts to power your
calc?  Then to cover all bases to avoid future messages, the calc would use
the batteries to power it when you weren't using it but use the finger
thing to power it when you wanted to save batteries.  The finger part of
the device could use a velcro strap to hold it in place and some type of
conducting plate could connect to the wires that power the calc (to avoid
catching on the finger).  Some type of mono/stereo jack could be used to
connect it to the calc (located next to the link port).  The controlling
circuit to override the batteries could be on a circuit board inside a box
that could attach to one's pocket or belt loop.  There will also need to be
some type of modulator to keep a steady flow of electricity going (every
beat of your heart and motion of your finger will fluctuate the electricity
enough to possibly blow out a circuit in the calculator...the modulator
would keep this fairly stable).

So, what do you think.  Is this possible?  I know that some "new"
technology is coming out that will power your CD-player with a similar
method.  If your finger can power a CD-player then I think it could power
your calc.  ASM programs that take a long time to play eat a lot of
electricity and something like this could spare my batteries and time
recharging (I hate waiting 24 hours for my really old recharger to finish
recharging those small AAA batteries).  Would this be cheap to make
($5-$15)?  What are your ideas?

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org