Tip for TI-92 Data Editor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tip for TI-92 Data Editor

Hello. :)

Here is a tip for those of you who have a TI-92 and use the data editor.

Ever want to put letters in the columns instead of numbers?

Well, today I flipped some coins and kept track of Heads and Tails. In the
columns I put H, for heads, and T for tails.
Now, I could have made T = to 2, and H= to 1, but my method is a lot easier.

I wanted to get a total of how many T's I had flipped. Now, I flipped over
500 coins, so I wasn't about to count every T I had typed in. So I went
into the column header, and typed sum(c1)

It returned:

247*t + 253*h

So I flipped 247 tails, and 253 heads.
Pretty tricky eh? :)