Re: random numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: random numbers

Excerpts from netnews.bit.listserv.calc-ti: 2-Jul-98 Re: random numbers
by Ben D Przybyla@JUNO.COM
> Well, obviously, but what's the equation? I figured out the pattern for
> the *first* rand# for any seed (a really simple equation using iPart and
> some constants), but I can't tell how it generates subsequent #s. I

Have you tried plugging the first random # back into the same equation
to see if it produces the second random #? i.e.

seed -> equation -> rand#1 -> equation -> rand#2 -> ...

| Jonathan Samuel     jsamuel+@andrew.cmu.edu |
| Electrical and Computer Engineering Student |
|     at Carnegie Mellon University           |
| Web Page:                                   |
|  http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~jsamuel |