Re: discovery

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: discovery

>Third, a tape deck is not engineered to the same specs as, say,
>a PC tape backup system, much as an audio CD player could not be
>converted into a CD-ROM drive.  If the tape slips even a little bit, or
>the resolution is too poor, etc. you are screwed!

Actually, if I recall correctly, you could buy some cables and a card
to connect the C64 to a regular audio CD player and load games from
it, much like you did with the cassette player. Of course, the C64
used regular audio tapes, and it wasn't anywhere near the amounts of
data used by data backup tapes, but nevertheless...

Just nitpicking a bit - I'm just annoyed because I can't find a TI-92
Plus module here in Sweden ;-)

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

If you take the small view, the universe is just something small and round,
like those water-filled balls which produce a miniature snowstorm when you
shake them. Although, unless the ineffable plan is a lot more ineffable
than it's given credit for, it does not have a large plastic snowman at the
bottom.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)