Re: decimal to fraction converter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: decimal to fraction converter

However long the decimal is (i.e 2 for .23) , raise 10 to that power to
get the denominator, then if you want to simplifly, you just get the
greatest comomn denominator of the numerator (the 23) and the
denominator (10^2), divide the denominator (10^2), and the new number is
the most simplified denominator for that decimal.

By the way, you need to convert the number to a string, and when you are
getting the numerator, dont forget to multiply the origional decimal by
the power of 10 so that the gcd (greatest comm....) is not .23/100.

Hope this helps

--
Tim Brierley
brierley@erols.com