Re: matrix inversion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: matrix inversion

The matrix that you want to invert is a singular matrix.
The determinant is zero.  It does not have an inverse.
If you are trying to solve a system of equations, then
either there is no solution or there are infinitely many
solutions.
Use the rref command to determine which.
Ben Sultenfuss <bsultenfuss@sfasu.edu>
Stephen F. Austin State University
1936 North Street, PO Box 13040, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962-3040
Voice: Office: 409-468-3805   Home: 409-560-5508
Fax: Office: 409-468-1669   Home: 409-560-0038