Re: HP's and TI's calculator output rate

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

John H Meyers wrote:

> In article <35D45B83.9DB83000@you.dare.spam.me>,
> Richard Goedeken <IBM Corporation> writes:
>
> > Say you wanted to do 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9 (hypothetical example)..
>
> > As fast as you can, hit 1<enter>2<plus>...
>
> Anyway, I can add up the hypothetical numbers you mentioned
> on any algebraic calculator; here's how I do it:
>
> 1 + 2 = + 3 = + 4 = + 5 = + 6 = + 7 = + 8 = + 9 =
>
> Well, some day I may remember that I don't have to press "="
> every time; likewise, HP users needn't press "Enter" every time.

Yes I think it would be 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 =

You need the = on the end 'cause the calc is waiting for an opperation (or
"digit" ... is that 9, or 9.3432)

Some older = style calcs ... after you pressed the enter key you could not
use the number on the display (but for example pressing + again) I assume
the newer TI's and others have fixed this.

One nice thing about the HP's are that the display ... shows 1) The number
you just typed or 2) an Intermedeate result.

Only many = style calcs ... 1 + 2 + 3 ... would show 1 then 2 then 3 on the
display ... and not show ANY kinds of intermediete answer untill the = key
is presses (other would show 1 3 6) ...

RPN calcs always show the number you typed in or an intermedeate result. (

One nice thing about RPN is that its consistant (like MAC vs PC ... [ALERT
CAN 'O WORMS BEING OPENED] [lets pretend that mac's are better ... but not
as wildly used ... well same thing I think [ENTER] is better but not as
wildly used]  ....

Sorry ... been a long day.

Follow-Ups: References: