Re: 1+1=10???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1+1=10???

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998 22:58:23 -0400, Ray Kremer <rkremer@BRADLEY.EDU>
wrote:

>Everybody is correct about 1+1=10 being decimal, but the TI-83 doesn't have
>decimal numbers built in.  Only these calcs do: 85, 86, 92+, 89.  If you
>want to to decimal numbers on your 83, you'll need to find a program that
>does base conversions.

Really?  No decimal numbers on an 83?  Every other calculator I've
seen in the whole world has base 10, it's the other bases that might
not be there.    You say a 92 doesn't have decimal numbers either?
Dang, I'm glad I don't have one of those.  Wait a second!  I do, and
it does have base 10!  let me check just to be sure:
5+5=10
Yep it does.  Digits 1-9 and 0 and no more, yep that's base 10 all
right, a symbol for every finger.

1+1=10, that seems awfully binary to me.