Re: Authors Wanted

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Authors Wanted

>Each book will show how modern technology (graphing calculators) can be used
>to investigate, study and explore a single area or topic from the high school
>mathematics curriculum, through calculus.
>
>If you have ideas, suggestions, or material ready for publication please
>contact us.

Re: graphing calculators

I really don't think we can justify any additional curriculum around
graphing calculators.  They are difficult to program and offer a far
inferior grasp of computing (and graphing) compared to full-fledged
computers, which have become affordable.

The graphing calculator chapter is over.  No further innovation in this
department makes any sense -- my personal view (most of my engineering
friends here in the Silicon Forest strongly agree).

Kirby
Curriculum writer
4D Solutions
http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/