Re: TI or HP?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI or HP?

Hmm. My ancient 18c has a clock on it. I wonder if you can use the
crystal in a program to get accurate timings. Cool!

But, I;d say go with TIs. My 82 does all I need it to do, although I
wouldn't mind an 86. I dunno about HP's language support, but TI basic
is great for word problems on a test. Whip up a fast program, and you
got you an answer. HP's calculators have a rough feel to them, perhaps
it is because they are moer powerfull.

On Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:34:06 -0700, mt <martyt@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ben Finkel wrote:
>>
>> I just started taking Multivariable Calc and I need a new calculator. I
>> can't decide whether to get the TI-92 or the newer TI-86. Also, someone
>> told me that the HP's are really the best.  Can anyone offer advice to
>> someone seeking a very powerful calculator? I need to know what to buy
>> and soon.  Thanks
>>
>> Ben Finkel
>> arieh@halcyon.com
>
>I think you should rather buy HP-48.  It is the most powerful
>calculator.  My friend has it.  I have seen games in it.  The system
>language is very powerful that TI's.  It's got beep statement.  That
>means you can play games with sound.  You don't need radio to play sound
>like TI.  You can create directory in HP-48 like you do on computer.
>HP-48 displays time and date on screen.  You don't need your watch to
>find out what time it is.

Follow-Ups: References: