Re: TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92

I do suggest you don't go for the TI-92. it's rather powerful, seen as
palmtop, not a calculator, and all the functions of the ti-85/86 are
big enough to fill some classes with.

Example:

The Graph|Math|root function.. how does the calc do it? While I
haven't checked the ROM yet (don't really feel like, actually), I put
my money on newton's method of approximating roots. You could teach
them, in the correct class (Precalc, probably) how the calc does it
exactly, and perhaps compare other ways. They still learn, and don't
have to bother with what we don't have to bother with today :-). Like
doing calculations. That's left for the so-called math wizards, who
are really walking calculators and don't know all that much about
advanced subjects anyway. Just like you don't learn finding square
roots by hand anymore.