Re: Universal Link Library

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Universal Link Library

As I said, the hardware of these ports are extremely simple, and more
to the point, the same. Essentially we are already forced to use the
same protocol. As for working out a protocol for, say, transfering
large amounts of data, that could and perhaps should be done, but it
wouldn't be used all that much. All TI-8x and the TI-92 work with the
same link port system.. a dual wire system with the same bitwise
organization, and with the same volt levels for on/off. Because it's a
direct system (unlike SCSI, for example), no special considerations
have to be taken to send between any two TI-8x/92 calc.

Follow-Ups: References: