ti86 graphing question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ti86 graphing question

I sure hope you can answer a question for me.
        I'm a relative "newbie" at graphic calcualtors and have a TI86.
I'm
taking an algebra course. I've figured out how to graph using the GRAPH
function, selecting y(x), and entering the equation of a line in slope
intercept format (i.e. y=mx+b). By selecting upper shading I can get the
set of all values equal to or greater than the value of the equation. I
have also been able to graph the intersection of two equations. No
problem.
        But - how do I graph the intersection of two equations when one
of them
is simply X=2? This would give me a vertical line through X axis at 2,
and include all values of Y. But there is no way to enter in an equation
into the y(x) editor where y = "all values" and x=2 - is there?
        How do I do this? How do I graph x=2, y="all values"?
        Thanks a lot. I'd appreciate if you'd respond via email to
        wolverine@howling.com

        Russ

--
Visit my website at: