Re: TI-86 Catalog

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-86 Catalog

>I noticed that in the TI-86 there is a command in the catalog menu that
>says "AsmComp("  What exactly does it do?  The description in the manual
>was too vague.

There can be two forms of an ASM program.  One form, the ASCII form, can
actually be editted, and looks something like this:

:ASMPROG
:CD824A
:210300       (but mmany more lines.   =D )

When you run an ASCII ASM program like the one above, the calculator
compiles it every time it runs, usually taking at least a few seconds.
(sometimes many minutes)
The ASMCOMP command will take that ASCII code above and compile it, and
save the compiled version in HEX format, rather than ASCII.  The HEX form
takes less space and doesn't have to be compiled when it starts, so its
usually faster when loading.  Chances are that you don't have any ASM
programs in ASCII format anyway, so you don't need to worry about it, but
if you do, this is how you use the command.

ASMCOMP(  Prog1 , Prog2  )

Prog1 being the name of the ASCII formatted program your compiling
Prog2 being the name of the compiled HEX program your creating.

I hope this cleared up most of your questions.  =)

Jason Alert
Shadovv312@AOL.COM
http://members.aol.com/shadovv312/home.html