Re: WTT: laptop for TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: WTT: laptop for TI-86

Curtiss Howard wrote:

> T Owad wrote:
> >
> > I have a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 100 laptop I'd like to trade for a
> TI-86
> > calculator w/manual (and hopefully cable).
> > The laptop weighs about 3 lbs and can easily fit on your lap.
> Keyboard is
> > full size and easy to type with.  Computer has BASIC, a text editor,
>
> > telecom program, address book, and schedule program in ROM.
> Additional
> > programs can be added.  Computer boots and all programs launch
> instantly
> > due to this.  There is an internal modem, but I've never used it and
> don't
> > know if it works.  With the proper cable you can connect it to your
> desktop
> > Mac or PC and transfer files.  The Model 100 runs for approx. 20
> hours on 4
> > AA batteries (included).  Carrying case is included for it as well.
> Please
> > email.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
>
> Wow man, you AOLers are really dense.  Why would ANYONE trade a TI-86
> for that little piece of shit TRS-80 (Trash-80)?  It's a relic of the
> past!  And the modem is a goddamned 300 baud modem too!  I think you
> might get $10 for that thing, tops!

 Hey! that compuer is a piece of history! where would we be now if the
XT had never been invented? If I had ANY money worth speaking of I would
trade an 86 for he model 100....Just to say "I have a Trash-80 Model 100
(and i has a 300bps modem!!!)"

just so i could watch peoples reactions...
you gotta admit for its time i was a pretty neat little computer....

     Kristian Niolet
     (kniolet@mindless.com)