Re: Something a little bit more feasable.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Something a little bit more feasable.

        Actually, it's practically excatly like a hard drive (except for the
storage technology).  Think of your calculator memory as RAM, and the
expander as the Hard Drive.  You copy data from your Expander into the RAM,
where you can actually access it.  If it was disk compression, like those
stupid programs, you could run them from the Expander, but you can't.  Just
like a computer, you don't run things from the Hard Drive - they have to
get copied into RAM first.

        And you'd stop getting into fights with me if you'd just not post about
what you have no fucking clue about.

At 05:13 PM 9/10/97 -0400, aurora guy wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:12:46 -0500 82nd Deer <eviljim@megsinet.net>
>writes:
>>The idea of an expander is nothing at all like disk compression, it's
>>like
>>adding a hard drive.  The expander does not compress things in any
>>way.
>

>All the ideas I've seen thus far have been ideas in which you send data
>to the chip, and then it sends it to the calc, but you are able to send
>more than normal.  I would think that this would be more like disk
>compression than a hard drive.  I said it was similar to disk compression
>because I thought that would be the easiest way to explain it.  In
>reality, I think it like neither a hard drive or compression, it is a
>totally different technology.  But it doesn't really matter, the whole
>idea is to be able to store more programs and such.  To tell you the
>truth, though, unless I can send the stuff to the calc I would not want
>it.  After years of dealing with an external hard drive on my laptop, I
>know that it is a pain in the rear, and I would not do it with the calc.
>Sure, it's great for back-ups, or installing software on more than one
>computer, but it is a pain if you deal with it on a regular basis.  Just
>my opinion, I do not claim it to be fact, I really don't want to get in
>another argument with Jim over a stupid and petty issue.
>

>Eric Klos <aurora-guy@juno.com>  Reside in Harrison Twp.  MI
>Ho slots, prefer Aurora
>MAGIC:TG Looking for places to play in Harrison Twp.
>WANTED:R/C ClodBuster or Bullhead any condition

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...