Re: Time-critical applications on a TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Time-critical applications on a TI-83

>since x increases, the calculator has to operate on a number with a
>higher value and more digits than before. This slows it down when
>observing over a larger period of time.

No, not really.  The only thing that makes a substantial difference is the
NUMBER of variables, rather than the size of them.

>Also, the batteries get used up, so it won't take long time for your
>program to become "obsolete", as the TI gets slower.

Again, this does not make a huge difference unless he uses it over an hour.

The most probable problem is that he has a unended IF statement, meaning

:IF a==0
:goto A
:end

That's bad.  That eats up memory and slows things down big time.  He should
send the source so we could see if that is the case...