Re: Time-critical applications on a TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Kvster wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Instead of buying a device for 200 $ to measure the stroke rate in
> rowing (crew), I thought I'd just write a little program on my TI-83
> that counts how much X has increased in between two key punches, divides
> that by a certain factor and tells me how many strokes per minute that
> equals. Unfortunately, when I tried to find the factor by which to
> divide, I noticed that the number decreases each time, that means the
> calculator is getting slower! Can anyone tell me, why? Is there no way
> to program time-critical applications on a TI-83?

since x increases, the calculator has to operate on a number with a
higher value and more digits than before. This slows it down when
observing over a larger period of time.
Also, the batteries get used up, so it won't take long time for your
program to become "obsolete", as the TI gets slower.

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
.oO) Aibohphobia - the fear of palindromes (Oo.

Follow-Ups: References: