Re: 85 and 86 computer linking capability?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Curtiss Howard wrote:

> I was wondering if, since the 86 and 85 are basically the same
> calculator (in terms of underlying structure, and yes, the 86 does have
> more memory, etc), that their computer links would work with each
> other?   For example, could my homemade 85 parallel link work with an
> 86?  Could I then just use link85xp to send 86 data if i rename *.86p to
> *.85g, etc.?  I noticed that on ticalc.org the only 86 linking program
> only supported the TI link, and if I can't link an 86 to the computer
> via the parallel link this may change my decision to buy one.  Anyone
> know about this?

HEY! I just went to my friends house and he has an 85, while I have an
86. I built my cable (the parallel port version) and it works on my
computer (a regular p90) but doesn't on his weird as Bill Gate's money
making habits, IBM Aptiva (the black one with an external everything).
Anyways, his 286 works just fine, (with both calculators). I'd recommend
using CAL instead of "renaming". TI-85 use's strings for asm games (i
think)... so the structure of the "link program" might not work on an
86, eg link85xp. Either CAL or wtran8 (for windows).