PSAT math section

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PSAT math section

"Marc D. McCoy" <marc@RAMSESJR.JTWN.K12.PA.US> writes:
>Yeah, I just took the PSATs today and the math section was about 1/3
>Algebra, 1/3 Geometry, and 1/3 General math, which had a lot to do
>with sequences of numbers.  I had all kinds of crap on my calculator for

>the test, but ended up not using any of it.

I also took the PSAT at school today, and Marc's analysis
is correct.  The math section is extemely easy.  There is _NO_
trigonometry on it.  I also had a crapload of math programs on my 86
and ended up using none of them.  I did not have to use my
function grapher.  Without giving away too much, I can say that the
TABLE editor comes in handy, and the ability to program in TI-BASIC
is a very definite plus (faster equality checking, sequence generation,
etc.)
As a side note, the Verbal and Writing sections are extremely easy too.

Good luck to all taking the test Saturday!

Kevin DeGraaf
kdegraaf@juno.com