Re: PSAT and SAT math section

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PSAT and SAT math section

At 11:41 AM 10/11/97 +0100, Justin Smith wrote:
>You must not consider this cheating....
>
>Cheat: To gain an unfair advantage.
>
>That psat and sat math sections are a mix of geometry, algrbra, and a mix
>of trig. You either know it, or you don't. And you don't need any "helper"
>programs on your calc. You can do it without a calc, or even a basic 4
>function calc.
>
>But if you use these programs, how are you ever going to learn for yourself?
>
>My $.02
>
>-Justin

Well, the thing is, I believe you can (correct me f I am wrong) use your
calculator on the PSAT's/SAT's without deleting the memory.  They call it
preparation for the test.  I guess they figure if you can put it there, you
muxt know how to do it (not alltogether true, but... eh, I'm not
complaining, I take my PSAT's Saturday =)...)

|  Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com  |
|          IRC: CuCullin, RmMinusRf            |
|  http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/  |
|       /server irc.pagannet.org 10000         |