Re: inferred?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: inferred?

At 04:49 PM 10/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 03:30 AM 10/4/97 -0500, Digitalboy wrote:
>>Plz e-mail me if you have any awser to this Me anf my friend have a chat
>>prog for the ti-85 but I don't theink the teacher would like a big long
>>cord going across the room plz if you know any way to make a inferred
>>link help us!!
>
>A) Infrared
>
>B) It is too expensive to be reasonable, IMHO

Another problem with an infrared link is that the emitter and the receiver
have to be lined up almost precisely.  Take most T.V. remotes today.  They
are based on an infrared emitter.  Most VCRs today are also taking the same
route.  However, the VCR controls that use radio waves are the best because
radio waves will travel through almost anything.  They also travel in
multiple directions which means that you will hit the receiver on the VCR
almost every time.
Making a radio link for the TI-xx graphing calc series is a better solution
than an infrared one.  However, nobody has made a workable radio link
yet....  So, don't ask :)

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: