Re: Got me some Graph-Link problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:47 PM 10/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>if you have a fast computer it doesn't work
>i have a 486dx2-66 and it works fine with your diodes
>
>On Sat, 4 Oct 1997 17:39:37 -0400 Bill <racer_x@STNY.LRUN.COM> writes:
>>    I built the 5 $ parallel port, but I can't seem to get it working.
>>I've
>>tested all my connections over and over, tried various diodes
>>(1N4148's and
>>some silicon switching diodes) but I can't seem to get the right
>>results
>>
>>here's what I get..
>>LPT1 found at 0378
>>send 00 - read 00 - should be 00
>>send 01 - read 00 - should be 20
>>send 02 - read 00 - should be 10
>>send 03 - read 10 - should be 30
>>
>>(with 1N4148 diodes)
>>
>>I've also tried soldering pins 18-25 together and only using pin 22 as
>>grounds, but no luck there either
>>
>>Could the problem be because I have an "enhanced" printer port?
>>changing BIOS settings got me the same results as the above.
>>
>>Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>John

I have a homemade Pentium 60, somethimes the link works, sometimes it
doesn't.  I've check interferance and the like but I can't seem to find a
pattern to the madness.  Is there another design that works better with the
faster computer (P 60 doesn't seem like its really that much faster then a
486dx).  It's really a pain 'cause when I really need the link, is when it
usually doesn't work.
Corey
BTW:  Anyone know of any good link games for the 85? (except ztetris and
zpong, I already found some)

Follow-Ups: References: