Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

ilya winham wrote:
> Excuse me, you are simply wrong!! The 82 and 85 are the least obselete
> calculators around. Sure, the 86 and 83 are newer but so what?

I think the issue here is how one defines "obsolete." Matt, the previous
poster (deleted it to save space) believes that "obsolete" describes an
object that has a better, newer successor. You, on the other hand,
define "obsolete" as worthless, or something along those lines.

The same logic goes into purchacing a computer. Do you absolutely NEED
the best and the fastest? If so, get a new "Deschutes" PII when they
come out. If not, then get a P133. People still use them, and most
programs still run. (Hence ilya's logic)

But be forewarned. Everyone will soon have a new Deschutes PII, and
you'll be left in the dust with that obsolete p133. (Matt's logic)

Personally, I think that 83 would be the best bet, but the 86 is also
nice. I also don't like the 85 menus. (I guess they'll still be there on
the 86...) But I'm wary of Matt's comment that the 80 is fine for junior
high. Prepare for the future and go with a more recent calculator.

--
| Ryan "Grommit" Avery    grommit@concentric.net |

Follow-Ups: References: