Re: One page should be enough.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: One page should be enough.

After reading the various mailings concerning the subject of the
"TI-Community," I have decided that it is not such a good idea.  We NEED
redundancy.  With adequate redundancy, the ticalc.org incident should never
happen agian.

At 01:47 PM 5/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 27 May 1997, James Sulak wrote:
>
>> Hey, I've got some web space bought on Superb.net that I need to use
>> (failed business venture).  Superb.net's service is great (rated number
>> one).  Check out thier qualifications at www.superb.net .  I was going to
>> get rid of the space because I couldn't pay for it, but this does sound
>> like a great idea.  I'll talk it over with my friend who also owns part of
>> it, but I think he will agree.  Anyone interested in investing $5 or so
>> dollars in a good collection of TI-calc homepages?  If so, I'm interested
>> in managing it! Contact me at james@superb.net!  Thanks for your time.
>>
>I don't think this is a good idea. If 10 or so people 'invest' their $5,
>that's $50. I'm not really expecting more than that. After that $50 is
>used up, who is going to pay? Web space is expensive.
>
>The main reason people aren't going to pay $5 is because they have a
>perfectly good site (ticalc.org) to go to. Why PAY for another site?
>TI-Files has already caused problems, so what would another
>all-encompassing site do?
>
>Here's what I think should happen:
>
>* Keep ticalc.org. I would like to see a REAL mirror of it.
>* Kill TI-Files and this TI-Community idea. They are not needed, since
>we've got ticalc.org.
>* Keep the specific pages. (83 Asm Archive, TFA, etc..) They give you
>in-depth info (like the short description per new program in TFA.), that
>ticalc.org doesn't.
>* People with these wanna-be archives should shut down and switch to more
>specific stuff, like Fargo/ZShell/83/whatever programming. That would
>benefit us much more that tons of redundancy.
>* ticalc.org should keep a catagorized list of the specific sites, so that
>if you want to find a page about TI-Basic programming quickly, you could.
>
>This way, when someone wants to see the latest programs, they would go to
>ticalc.org. If they want more info on a specific topic, they would go to
>the site list, and choose their topic.
>
>Just my idea of an ideal system.
>
>-Tim

James Sulak
james@superb.net
Beginners TI-85 ZShell Programming,
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/6385/index.html
Member: HTML Writers Guild, Associate Member: International Webmaster
Association