Re: PSYCHIC GROUPS: READ THIS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PSYCHIC GROUPS: READ THIS

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Richard Bowman wrote:

> If I see any other messages like this in my mailbox, your personal psychic
> reading company will be paying very large lawsuits to everyone in this
> list, because unsolicted electronic email is illegal, and it is the law
> that you must pay any fees incured by our bandwidth use of downloading that
> message, minimum $500. With 400+ people in this group, I would think that
> might hurt your revenue a bit.

Since when was unsolicited E-Mail considered "illegal"? I've never heard
an official court ruling on this... Please elaborate...

(No, the "unsolicited fascimile law" has never really been used in a legal
case against spammers - it's only been used to scare some people. Or, at
least, if it was used, we surely would have heard about it in some way or
another.)

Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
                                          "Wow! Neat trick. Sure glad you
                                           were backed up..."
                                            - Peter Stoller