Re: ZSHELL?????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZSHELL?????

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:29:51 -0500, James Yopp <jyopp@POBOX.COM>
wrote:

>Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not insulting the PC.  I beleive that the
>PC running DOS was excellent. However, that's as far as it should have
>gone.  The PC is not designed to do the things that people need it to do
>(although a PII/266 with DOS6 is _very_ cool for games.) The Macintosh
>was.  In the four years I've had my OLD Mac, the number of times I've
>been unable to access data when I needed to: 1, and it was my fault. I
>was messing with my HD in a hex editor.  And then I just used my Newton,
>which has _never_ crashed on me.
>Maybe a PC (or WindowsCE) is cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Maybe you just aren't using the right PC or the right OS?  I agree
with you that many programs for Windows 3.1/Windows 95 are very
unreliable.  I'll even say that DOS programs are somewhat unreliable.
However, Windows NT, OS/2, and any of the Unix operating systems are
very reliable.  I am currently using Windows 95 and Linux 2.0.30.  My
Windows 95 system will crash at least 4 to 6 times per week, just
doing regular things.  My Linux system, maybe once.

Another thing I agree with you is the fact that the MacOS is a great
OS.  But, I think the Macs are too closed.  They should be more open
like PCs.