Re: copyright

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: copyright

Oleg Shvartsman wrote:

> And if you would please explain to me: what need do I have for an
> emulator of a TI calc on a _PC_ if there are tons of much better math
> (and game) software for it.

I can think of one reason: testing (or debugging) programs without
having to link to the calculator, send the file, and making sure there
is enough memory on the calculator for the program (28K runs out awful
fast).

I agree that's it's not a big deal, and I don't think that the emulator
was ever supposed to be a big deal (those of you who made it could
correct me if I'm wrong here), but it could come in useful occasionally.

> Isn't PORTABILITY the main point of
> calculators?  You can't (and don't want to) haul a PC with an emulator
> to your calculus (or intro to algebra, for that matter) class, do you?

Boy, and I thought my math BOOKS were heavy... :-)

Hope this helps!

Jason T. Selkowitz

* 16532 NE 36th Ct. LL202  * mailto:selkowtz@u.washington.edu        *
* Redmond, WA  98052-6364  * http://weber.u.washington.edu/~selkowtz *
* University of Washington, School of Business Administration        *
*                 Junior, Finance and Business Economics             *