86 ROM Routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

86 ROM Routines

Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:

> However, back when the authors of ZShell even thought of the idea, (not of
> asm on a ti85, but of ZShell, the program, and more precisely the TI-85.H
> header file.) they knew that to support anything serious they had to find
> adresses. They did a fairly well job. The first release could do quite a
> load already. anyy and all rom_calls or other numbers or whatever defined
> in ti-85.h was found through some hard research. That takes a lot of time.
> It tends to take more than one person.
>
> The TI-86 has not been out long enough yet to grab anything serious
> together as to rom routines at this point.

[Snipped]

go here for some ROM routine addresses:
ftp://ftp.ti.com/pub/graph-ti/calc-apps/86/asm/ti86asm.inc

btw, what are the advantages of 86's over 85's in asm programming?
(e.g. ROM routines, hardware advantages, etc.)
Have asm programs been able to access the all the ram pages yet?

--
Terry Peng
email-  tpeng@geocities.com