Re: Second-rate 86 programmers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

James D. Yopp wrote:

> I'm offended by that remark (as are some others, undoubtedly...).  I haven't
> released any games yet, but I plan to, and if you'd like to see some poor
> programming, just sift through the ASM source libraries on ticalc.org.  Many
of
> the most popular games are written VERY poorly.

Such as?

That is only your opinion. Obviously, they would not be that popular if they
really were written 'VERY poorly'.

> > As for 86 games, well, I'd say that almost everybody that wants
> > program calcs and is very good at it has already bought a ti-85 or 92.

The key word there being ALMOST. And when I said very good I meant THE BEST.
You know who I am talking about.

86's, of course, it is true that if you bought an 82 an then wanted a better
calc but didn't want to buy another that would be bad luck, but of course now
there is ASH and Oshell-82. All the TI's with link ports now support ASM.

So, of course, *there are good programmers* for every calc but the REALLY
good ones are already taken (and I'm not talking about myself). There may be
a programming genius who just hasn't released his 82 or 86 games. No one
knows. I'm sorry if I offended anybody, but its the truth.

Remember, the 85 was the FIRST HACKED calc. If not for the demand for ASM,
the 86 may have never been released the way it has been. So naturally, most
of the best programmers started programming for the 85. And being much more
powerful than a TI-8x, the TI-92 naturally has a seperate group of followers
which it does not neccesarily have to share with the 8x groups. (the 92 was
the SECOND hacked calc... FARGO was ingenious, IMHO) The 83 and 86 came years
after ZShell. The 82 was hacked only recently.

"I don't give them hell. I tell the truth and they think it is hell" -
Harry Truman, I think.

--
Terry Peng
email-  tpeng@geocities.com