Re: BliTzBoY on TI-Files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: BliTzBoY on TI-Files

I suppose this person ventured to write an article about asm, and I suppose
TI-files staff either doesn't check it's articles, or doesn't know a hoot
about assembler. I would advise the staff of TI-files to remove this
article, and tell the author that, although his input is much appreciated,
beginners shouldn't really write columns.

What seems loose in many people's heads is that for some weird and strange
reason 20h (or $20, or 0x20, or however you note down hex) is not the same
as 32d. There is zero, zip, noppo, no difference AT ALL. it's both stored
in the computer as 00100000 binary. Computers cant store decimal, nor hex,
as it is. You referencing it as 20h or 32d makes no difference in the
program either- your compiler changes that to 00100000.
--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

Andrew Wendt <powerpig@M-NET.ARBORNET.ORG> wrote in article
<Pine.BSI.3.95.970712203152.4654B-100000@m-net.arbornet.org>...
> I was reading this fellow's article on TI-Files at
> http://www.inlink.com/~dafek/ti-files/columns/asm/direct.html
> started wondering why he was writing a column on assembler.
>
> He seems to be confused on the very topics he's trying to teach. First he
says
> "ASM itself is fast since it is in hexadecimal", then "Say you want to
load
> 125d into register A. Instead of loading 125d into A, you can load
1111101b or
> 7Dh instead. This is faster and it may save space, since 7Dh is smaller
than
> 125d when looking at how much space the "name" each would take up.
Remember